• Pancake Breakfast- One Saturday a month have parents and students make and serve pancakes at your school. Tickets can be purchased from students ahead of time for $4 or at the door for $6. Send flyers home with students, post signs around the community. Food always brings people together.
• Community BBQ- Plan one large Friday night BBQ. Contact local grocery stores for donation of food for this event.
• Garage Sale- Organize a mega garage sale. Have neighbors, relatives, and friends donate unwanted stuff. All proceeds go towards students’ tuition. AND you are actually reusing all that stuff. What a great learning opportunity!
• Recycle Program- Create a recyclable collection facility at your school. Encourage community members to bring their recyclables in and have volunteers help transport it to the recycling center. Check in your local area to see which recyclable items can be returned for money.
• Raffle- Have neighbors, relatives, and friends donate items or services.
There are many different fundraising programs that sell anything from magazines, music, books, gifts, chocolate, to food. Here are just a few.
www.efundraising.com - 800.561.8388
www.abcfundraising.com - 800.368.4543
www.fundraising.com - 800.443.5353
www.QSP.com - 909.676.6566
You can even combine recycling and fundraising. These sites work with schools and pay well for used printer/copier cartridges.
School Calendar- Each class designs a picture for a month. Printers will often cut a good deal if orders are made in mass quantities for printing and binding. These are great gifts for the holidays!